Saturday, January 09, 2010

A Repost from Facebook Note: Today's Lesson Learned

I haven't blogged in long time, but all of that is about to change....so here goes.

Today I learned that out of each and every negative circumstance, are at least 1 positive that you can get out if it.

There is so much negative energy out in the world today, however, it's up to us to utilize and maximize the opportunity to draw a learning experience from the negativity we see and hear. Life is not going to roll out the red carpet for us and everyone is not going to be nice to you. So I say when you are in the midst of something negative, do not internalize it. Yet, ask yourself, "what can I learn from this situation?" and "how can I become a better person from this experience?"

It is up to us as individuals, children of God to know when the enemy is ever present. When you know the enemy is present, you are armored to make a decision. Will you allow the enemy to fester in you and control your thoughts and rule your emotions? or will you tell the enemy to get the f*uck out of here and declare victory over it! Nurturing your spirit involves blocking out the negativity that surrounds us, so that we can maintain the joy and peace that lives within us EVERYDAY.

I don't know it all. But what I do know and continue to remind myself is that, I make the choices. I make the choice to get tunnel vision and not steer away from what is promised to me. I make the choice to not allow anyone to affect my emotions. I make the choice to not dwell on the negativity that people around me bring. I make the choice to keep my spirit intact and not let anyone infect me with their negativity. I make the choice to not allow others to bring me down. Tomorrow is a new day. I cannot continue to think about the days' events, to the point where I lose sight of what is really important, and that is my destiny that awaits.

Life's events that make us angry and stresses us out are all temporary situations. Look at the big picture. Know that there is something greater to be learned in all of the madness that we find ourselves in. Know that there is something greater, far more than we can ever imagine waiting for us. If we can just keep our spirit intact by filling it with love, positivity and peace, we won't have to worry about those negative, joy killers in our lives. They will be dealt with, God has something " extra special" waiting for them. In the meantime, face forward, keep walking straight ahead, never look back and do it all with a smile!





Peace and Love,
ShanTheNaturalistaGlam

No comments:

Post a Comment