Wednesday, April 28, 2010

:::Randomness and Updates:::

WELL HELLO WORLD!


Truth be told, I haven't felt much like blogging lately. I don't know why. Now that I think about it, I haven't been inspired by much these days. The "blog bug" hasn't bitten me in a long time but I want that to change. It's time to get RE-Inspired! I started this blog to share my thoughts and world from my perspective. I began with "Old Music Monday" because I love old school music, but that became too much of a commitment. Then there was............nothing else. I still plan to post some of my poems that I have written. I love my poems and I want to share them with you.


Nevertheless, I'm back again to let you in on what's going on with me now. After all this is the LIFE and TIMES of The Naturalistaglam!


The last couple of posts were rants about my job. Anyone who knows me knows I hate what I do. So then the next question is always...'what do you do?' HA! absolutely nothing that is fulfilling and challenging. Nothing that gives me a sense of accomplishment. My job description does not match what I do on a day-to-day basis, therefore I've been relegated to mind numbing, menial tasks that you would hire a temp to do. IT SUCKS and that's the bottom line.


Moving Forward....
I am seeking other opportunities. I PRAY PRAY PRAY TO GOD that I get hired with Ikon. I have a friend who works there and he is pulling strings to get me in. I need this like last year! I want this job so bad. I have claimed it. IT IS MINE!


In other news, I have decided to postpone school. My quest for a Masters in Business Administration has been pushed to the back burner (for now). I am SO not focused on school. Life and all it's distractions seem to have got in the way. I started thinking that this is not what I want to really do. Then again, I'm not totally sure yet. If I sound confused, it's probably because I am...sort of. But I'm working on figuring out what's next on my career agenda.
Back to school--(no pun intended) I did not read not one chapter in my last class, which was statistics. I was given a W (withdrawn) as a grade. That's a good thing, because I didn't do sh*t in that class....literally. I went, I took notes as if I was actually interested, and I left. Not to mention, the subject of statistics was nauseating, I could care less about bivariates, slopes, curves and coefficients. So, all of this means I will have to pay money out of pocket for what was not covered by my student loan. I don't know how much that is yet. I am waiting for my Financial Aid Advisor to let me know. I knew that while I was sitting in class loathing every second of it, I was going to pay for not completing it, but oh well. 


I have some serious decisions to make in twenty-ten. I feel it coming. But I guess that's what life is: a series of decisions you make in order to reach your dreams, fulfill you purpose and pursue happiness. Choices you make to take yourself to the next level of living. Everything is a choice; and we are, where we are because of the choices we have made.


I could go on and on but it's getting late. So until next time.....

~| Peace and Love |~
ShanTheNaturalistaGlam

No comments:

Post a Comment