Fashion Hangerz found by T. T. Taylor, is a stylist who specializes in photo shoots, image consulting and personal shopping. T. T. Taylor created the Senior Blossoms Project. Her vision was to give graduating high school seniors the empowering message that "she has the right to be a star in her own life." T. T. wanted the young ladies to feel special by building their self-esteem and self-confidence. Senior Blossoms Project provides them with mentoring, gowns, hair, makeup, accessories, shoes--that they were able to keep for prom night! How cool is that?
Every Spring Senior Blossoms Project chooses 10 girls who are at the top of their class, who participate in school activities, and volunteer in the community or church. T.T. wanted to give this opportunity to girls who may not have the financial resources to attend their senior prom. As we know, the expense for this once in a lifetime event can easily add up to $800. For some families, this can be a strain, and this is where Senior Blossoms Project step in.
There were 8 girls from the Houston and surrounding areas, who participated in this years Senior Blossoms Project. The event felt more like something from an actual high fashion photo shoot. On hand to assist the girls were Model and Coaches: Tara Dillard and Cherae Fennell, to coach the girls during the photo shoot on how to move and pose, so the photographer could get the best shots. The young ladies did very well and their confidence was in full bloom before my very eyes! The CW 39 News Fix covered the event. News Fix is a nightly news show that airs at 5pm and 9pm.
Meet the Senior Blossoms!
- Jazmine Cook: She is in the top 26% of her class with a GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. She is the captain of the basketball team. She is in PAL's which is a program at her school that mentors younger children at elementary schools, in addition to other activities and accolades.
- Sydney Owens: Has a GPA of 3.8 and in the top 38% of her class. She participates in talent shows and musicals. She is on the high school step team, and in the school choir, as well as other school activities.
- Marsheeka Oveal: Marsheeka is the third of 4 children in her family. She holds a 3.37 GPA and is a member of the Student Council and DECA (Distributive Educational Clubs of America) which focuses on business and marketing. Marsheeka has narrowed her college choices down to Prairie View A&M University and the University of Houston.
- Mari Wygal: Mari is ranked in the top 10% of her class. She is an active member of the youth ministries at her church, Progressive New Hope Baptist Church. Mari also attends Upward Bound, a college preparatory program.
- Renechia Washington: Renechia has been an athletic trainer for the varsity basketball team and track and field for four years, and enjoys it very much. She hopes to attend Sam Houston State University where she would like to continue her athletic training endeavors.
- Anna Kaiser: Anna who lives in Victoria, TX, stays busy as a long time member of the 4-H Club. The 4-H club has given her the opportunity to learn archery and participate in many tournaments. Anna also teaches art at Texana Center for the Arts, in addition to volunteering at her church, St. Paul Lutheran.
- Amanda Martinez: Amanda, who also lives in Victoria is in the National Honor Society, Health Science Occupation Students of America (HOSA), Spanish Club and has been in the varsity choir since her freshman year. Amanda will be graduating in the top 10% of her class and plans to attend Victoria College in the fall to pursue a career in pediatric nursing.
- Ann Keese: Ann holds a 3.9 GPA and is ranked 5 out of 387 in her class. In addition to maintaining a high GPA, she is heavily involved in school and community activities such as: Varsity track and cross country, The National Honor Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Spanish Club, Habitat for Humanity and many others. Ann has dreams of becoming an architect after college.
Tara Dillard (Coach) giving Jazmine Cook direction. Anna Kaiser, she new her angles well!
Tara Dillard, Model/Coach was amazing with the girls. Amanda Martinez and Anna Kaiser
T.T.Taylor running the show.
Jazmine at the Piano
Cherae Fennell gave the girls great coaching and instruction.
Sydney and Mom, loved her gown and makeup!
All the girls hair was so fierce!
Renechia Washington worked it!
(left to right) Anna, Ann and Amanda!
T.T. Taylor giving Marsheeka Oveal advice and encouragement.
Marsheeka was simply stunning!
Jazmine giving them mean and fierceness.
Mari Wygal was a natural in front of the camera!
Jazmine, Marsheeka and Renechia
Cherae was an awesome coach!
Mari and Sydney
Roof top shots
The CW 39 News Fix Team
The girls with their family
Me and T. T. Taylor...She was super cool and down-to-earth. Love her!
Me and Ann...She was a sweetie!
I had to get a pic with Renechia and this beautiful gown. :)
Amanda in this gown was gorgeous! One of my faves.
Mari, me and Marsheeka
A BIG thank you to T.T. Taylor and Brandi Jones for having me there! It was truly a special event and I am glad that I was apart of this wonderful project.
Dresses-Marvelous U Fashions, Mt. Pleasant, TX; Allure Port Lavaca, TX and Lufkin, TX
Accessories-My Trendy Place, Lisa Amosu, Owner
Shoes-High Heel Junkie, Azalea
Alterations-Michelle Colleti, Colleti Threads
Hair & Makeup-Velma Spikes, Ethan Luckett, Sheila Renae, all are Independent MUA and Hair Stylist (Fashion Hangerz)
The day of the prom, A Cut Above Salon, and Ly Nails will provide services to the girls who live in Victoria, TX, free of charge! :-)
Check out video on http://www.39online.com/newsfix/
Contact Information: Fashionhangerz@gmail.com
Peace & Blessings,