Monday, September 03, 2012

My First Henri Bendel Experience!



I never heard of Henri Bendel until one of my blogger buddies pointed out they were opening in the Galleria Mall here in Houston, earlier this year. She was super excited! Me?.....*shrugged* My thought was, "Okay, I don't know who he is but I'm glad you're happy".


Thursday on August 30th, there was meet and greet event at Henri Bendel for fellow blogger Lynne Gabriel of The Virtual Style Diary of Lynne Gabriel, who is the Simon Style Setter for The Galleria Mall. Honestly, if it was at any other store I've visited before, I probably would not have gone. I'm just saying...Nevertheless I went to Henri Bendel not knowing what to expect. When I arrived there were greeters at the door offering champagne and cupcakes in the little I {heart} HB cups.




 
I absolutely loved everything in the store! The Henri Bendel signature brown and white stripes spoke to my heart, seeing as how brown is my favorite color and polka dots are my fave print. Being a certified, "bag-junkie", I immediately began scoping out the purses. Loved them all. They had loads of sparkly, shiny jewelry that I ADORED.  The huge chandelier was opulently beautiful and hung so low, you could easily touch the dangling crystals.






The 'Meet and Greet' was well attended as friends, colleagues and fellow bloggers from Houston Fashion Bloggers group came out to support Lynne (that I didn't get a chance to take a picture of) shown below.



Needless to say, I will definitely be at Henri Bendel again! Next time I'll be purchasing something for sure. It was lots of fun mixing and mingling and meeting new people. The Sales Associates were very nice and personable too. If you're in the area, definitely check out Henri Bendel in the Galleria. It is on the third level located by the Nordstrom's wing.

Arm candy!



I soooo want this cocktail ring! (Not sure whose shoe that is matching my nail polish lol.)

Some of my fellow Houston Fashion Bloggers (Left: Lerenda and Mimi; Right: Brittany and Reign)



Me--Eyes closed....Eyes open! (I like the closed eyes pic the best lol)


I need this martini set in my life!



Cute cross-body bags.


Some Quick Facts About Henri Bendel:

  • He was born in Lafayette, LA in 1865.
  • Henri Bendel moved to New York to work as milliner, opening his own shop in Greenwich Village, NY in 1895.
  • He became the first retailer to brand himself. In 1895 he registered his own trademarked brown and white striped shopping bag and hat box.
  • He was responsible for bringing Coco Chanel to the United States.
  • There are only 25 Henri Bendel stores in United States, with 2 being in Texas (Houston and Dallas).


  




Peace & Blessings,
NaturalistaGlam




3 comments:

  1. I didn't even know it was a real person's name. I just thought they created it like they do for many fashion lines. Love the pics. Hate I had to miss it. Looks like Crave were the cupcakes of choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! A lot of the high end fashion labels are real people though lol. It's a really nice store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job covering the event Shana and thanks for the shout out. :-)

    ReplyDelete