Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Wrap-Up of the Nzuri Natural Hair Health and Beauty Festival


I was blessed with the opportunity to blog for the largest natural hair festivals in Texas...the Nzuri Natural Hair Health & Beauty Festival. December 8th and 9th was an awesome experience, not only as one of the official bloggers of the Bloggersphere, but also as an attendee.
I did not get a chance to attend last year, so this year I made it a goal of mine to attend. But who knew I would be one of the bloggers covering it?


The Nzuri Fest was amazing! So many things to see, so many vendors to purchase from. There were samples on deck from Curls and Miss Jessie's and a few others made it even better! You had everything from live hair and makeup demos, spoken word, dancing, pageants etc. I met some wonderful people. My experience at the Nzuri Fest was a weekend I'll never forget.


 Dawn and Nicky working hard for the Bloggersphere!
My "All Access" Bloggersphere Badge! lol


Laquisha Hall, Mrs. International Beautiful 2012/Blogger of Corner Curl Girl. She was super sweet and down to earth. Loved her!

(L to R) Dawn of Napturalite Radio, Mahisha Dellinger CEO of Curls and 
Jane aka DearNatural62, You Tube Nails/Beauty/Natural Hair/Vlogger 


There was a plethora of natural hair styles that were absolutely beautiful. The sea of women sporting their natural locs in various styles, lengths and colors made me fall in love with my natural hair all over again. Seeing so many natural hairstyles reinforced and reminded me why I love natural hair and everything that being natural means. The Nzuri Fest was sort of a 'rebirth' for me.


(Right: Paris, a contestant of the Nzuri Next Top Model Competition...Her hair was fierce!)



You Tube Natural Hair Sensation NikkiMae2003 aka NaturalChica


                  CharyJay You Tube Natural Hair Sensation           
One of the t-shirts from Natural Hollywood Magazine



A new company I learned about called, Sporty Afros who cater to the athletic natural women.


I bought two!

The Natural Me and their popular headbands; Samori Diallo of The Natural Me and Nikki Mae wearing the headband.

The Damn Salon of Atlanta, GA, were on hand doing demo's and styling models' hair for the pageants.



 Artistic Rootz sketching photos of naturals. She is a hairstylist and artist. Her work is amazingly DOPE!



Love Astella19's earrings...I purchased several pair!





Some vendor merchandise...


The winner of the Ms. Full Figured Foxy Model Competition with Leola Anifowoshe, creator of the Nzuri Festival and Mrs. International Beauty/Natural Hair Blogger Laquisha Hall



          (Left) Nzuri Blogger Tiffany Kowolaski of Venus Fly Naps
Me and Lisa You Tube Vlogger LisaMsLisa and of This Hair of Mine Blog

Jane, YouTube Vlogger, DearNatural62 flew from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to the Nzuri Fest...Working hard getting the shot! Love her!



The lovely ladies from The Next Nzuri Top Model Competition





The Curls Dancers of Urban Souls and I. Their performances was fantastic!

   

I don't know who these ladies were...just wanted to take their picture lol.

Me with Nikki Mae (left) and Mahisha Dellinger (right)

I had such an awesome time at this year's festival. I made life long friends, met some wonderful people and spent money I should not have spent lol. 
Special shout out to Nzuri Fest Bloggers, Dawn Yerger of Napturalite Radio and Dionne of Indulgence is Key for being wonderful leaders of our Bloggersphere and providing us with LOTS of great hair products to enjoy this holiday season!

I can't wait until Nzuri Festival 2013! I'm thinking it will be bigger and better!

Bloggers that covered the Nzuri Natural Hair and Beauty Festival: 



**Disclaimer: All photos used on this blog is the property of The NaturalistaGlam and may not be used or duplicated without proper permission or consent.



Peace & Blessings,

















No comments:

Post a Comment