Monday, February 15, 2010

OLD MUSIC MONDAY!!

YES....I'm back and I'm going to get right into it. Today is OMM and I'm excited to say that she is my all time favorite artist. The ICON. The best entertainer. The lovely and ever so talented JANET JACKSON! The old school song I chose is "Pleasure Principle." Why? Because of the video. The video is so kick ass because she is the only one in it and she's dancing the whole time. It's pure, it's raw, it's simple....it's JANET. Jeans, a T, some knee pads and a chair...what more do you need???? I love it.

Ms. Jackson has inspired me in many ways. Janet is cool, laid back, and honest. Not to mention, she has been (and still is IMO) a trend-setter. "Pleasure Principle" is one of those songs where you just let the rhythm hit you and feel it. It's one of those tracks you play over and over until you pass out from dancing so hard lol. When you're dancing to this song, you don't care how you look or if you fall on your ass trying the chair trick, like I've done before. But there was no way in hell I was going to do a back flip off of my bed! (of course I know now that was a stunt double). I love first verse of the song where she says, "you might think I'm crazy but I'm serious, it's better you know now. What I thought was happiness was only part time bliss, you can take a bow..."

The Pleasure Principle was released in 1987 on her Control album. In 1988, it won Best Choreography at the MTV Music Awards.

Thank you Ms. Jackson for giving me the Principle of Pleasure!


Does anybody know where I can get this t-shirt??? Just sayin'...




Now go ahead, and get your pleasure principle on, check out the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-gu1KETjVY&NR=1

Peace and Love,
ShanTheNaturalistaGlam

No comments:

Post a Comment