Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nurture You, Nurture Your Spirit

"This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24. I love the book of Psalm. It really really has helped me get through the most toughest times in my life and still does. It speaks to my spirit with encouragement and hope. I don't know where I would be without the scriptures in Psalm.

Nurturing your spirit is important. I mean, doing those things that fill you with joy. Doing those things that make you smile all over. It can something so small and simple as polishing your toes, or as big as going on a Caribbean vacation. It really doesn't matter what it is, all that matters is how it makes you feel in that moment. Your spirit has to be fed with positive things and positive energy. You nurture your spirit by doing whatever that is comforting and peaceful. That feeling is one that gives you a light inside.

Nurturing your spirit should be done often, or even everyday if possible. Do not wait until you feel bad or when you are going through a stressful time in your life. You can carve out 5 or 10 minutes in your busy day to nurture your spirit by reading some positive quotes or listening to your favorite song that makes you feel like a kid again. I think when we become so inundated with the issues of our lives, we forget to stop and nurture that happy place. Feed that happy place. Water it, give it some light and positive energy. The bumps in the road of life won't seem so bad when your spirit is nurtured because you will have something to look forward to.

Naturalistaglam

No comments:

Post a Comment