Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Day Blues

Well, it's the that time of year again. The time where family is supposed to get together over lots of fattening foods: Turkey, dressing, mac and cheese, brocoli casserole, string beans, collard/mustard greens, and all kinds of pies and cakes gallore. Families play games like cards, dominoes, Wii games and etc. Well this holiday, nobody in my family isn't doing anything. Nada. Nothing. I hate that. I wish my family was close. I wish my family didn't go their separate ways and fend for themselves for a Thanksgiving feast. I think about it and I want to cry. I want to cry because this is not the way it's supposed to be and it makes me sad.

I know I'm supposed to reflect on what I'm thankful for. This is the part where I'm supposed to make a "I'm thankful for ____" list. I truely have lots to be thankful for, don't get me wrong. But thoughts of my non existing family gathering seems to seep into my mind. I know, it's what I make it. I have to rethink the way I think about my situation, because this thought pattern will definitely send me into a depressive abyss. So yeah, the holidays is not my most happiest time

The more solitude I feel during the holidays, the more I want to have my own family holiday traditions. I want to have a MY family thanksgiving dinner with games, fun and football. It can happen! One day I'm sure. I'll get through it, definitely not going to let it get me down for long. The holidays don't last always. It is what it is.

Naturalistaglam

No comments:

Post a Comment