Monday, March 01, 2010

OLD MUSIC MONDAY (This one's for all my 80's babies)

I'm going waaay back today. This weeks' OMM is a song that is one of my favorites...."Silly." If you're old enough to remember, Denise Williams killed those high notes!

"Your just a lover out to score, when I know that I should be looking for more.....what could it be in you I see, what could it beeee!"

I love this song. I used to play it over and over at one point in my life when I was going through "something." Yeah, this is most definitely a classic of mine that will always be the jam.

"Silly" was released in 1980, and I was 6 years old! (OMG)....Anyway, it was a smash hit. She later released, "It's Gonna Take a Miracle," which hit #1 on the R&B charts. Remember, "let's hear for the boy!" The "Let's Hear it for the Boy" album reached #1 also, on Billboards Hot 100 in 1984 and was on the "Footloose" soundtrack.
Denise Williams soon crossed over and began singing gospel music....(not mad at that) and released several gospel albums since the mid-eighties and on. However, Silly remains to be my all-time favorite Denise Williams song. Ladies, we've all been silly at least once in our lives, over some guy who we were way into, more than they were into us. It happens, and Denise just perfectly captures those feelings you get when you being "silly." Let's just hope that I won't be silly ever again!


Reminisce on those memories for a second and listen. The link is below...(no video though).

Love and Peace,
ShanTheNaturalistaGlam



http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=WaZTwrGIQtM&v=hcPiip-xkyw

No comments:

Post a Comment