Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Everybody (men) always want to know why the red carpet gets rolled out for moms on Mother's Day, but when Father's Day comes around, the efforts are half-ass'd? The gifts are thoughtless and weak.Well, I'll tell you why...It's the mothers who are present in most single family homes, it is the mothers who have to be fathers to their kids, it is the mother who holds it down when dad is away at work, it is the mother who is the nurturer, it is the mother who wears ALL the hats to ensure their kids are well cared for. MOMS do A LOT! I'm in no form or fashion saying that fathers do not do anything. I know quite a few very good dads out there who are doing what it takes to be called a father. However, the mother is the BACKBONE of the family.

Now I could go on and on about the lack of men in today's household and how the absence of men as the head of the family, pushed women into playing the role of the father...but I choose not to. But I will say, times have changed. It is not 1950 where you would see men in the homes and being the head of the family. It's 2010 and the gender roles of women in the house is different because times are different. I do not take anything away from the fathers who are doing their thing, and stepping up to the plate. That's awesome, that's what they are SUPPOSED TO DO. I celebrate them for being a great dad!

I know it may sound a bit one sided, but it is what it is...I'm just offering my 2 cents on this issue that comes up every year. So there you have it....HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!


Shan TheNaturalistaGlam

No comments:

Post a Comment