Friday, June 25, 2010

Peeling Back the Layers

So yeah.....this year, like I declared in January or February, will be a year of "change." Meaning major things will change in my life. Well that change has already begun. I moved out of moms house *YAY!* and now I am on the road to healing some emotional wounds. The pain that was inflicted on me has been following me around like a shadow, and I didn't even realize it until recently. I feel great that I've opened up about it. I feel as if some weights have been lifted....not all of them, just some. I'm learning and becoming empowered even more to deal with issues that lie within me. I know it all sounds kind of vague but, it's for a reason. Just know, where I am is a good place and I'm headed in an even better place....A place of true happiness and peace. I'm going to take back the power that  I have allowed to be taken away from me. That's okay, like I said, I am learning and I am growing.

It is going to a challenge for me. It's not going to be a "cake walk." It is not going to be an easy task for me to confront my "villain." However, I am strong enough to do that now. I'm willing to go through the fire at this point in my life, no more avoidance. Whatever it takes for me to become whole and healthy again, I have to do it. God gave me the courage to withstand anything and I am going to use that courage to face my demons in the face. I will no longer be the victim of someone else's control and power. I'm done, I'm soooo over it!

Maybe I can use what I am learning to help others in their plight to overcome issues of abuse and control from others....I can be an example of how therapy and prayer works. I can be the example of how you can be truly happy. I can show others that there is light and you don't have to repress no more. *Taking a deep breath*

The best is yet to come....I'll keep ya posted :)
Shan TheNaturalistaGlam

No comments:

Post a Comment