Thursday, November 01, 2012

Out of the Old...

I've somewhat settled in my new living space....just too tired (or lazy, don't know which one it is. Maybe it's both) to unpack everything right now. It hasn't been a full week since I've been here so I don't feel too bad. Most of my shoes and all of my purses are still packed *shrugs*. After work all I wanna do is..........................nothing. I'll get it done eventually. I'm actually more concerned about where I'm going to place my wall art lol. #priorities

Lately I've been feeling some kinda crazy way, and I have allowed it to rob me of my joy. I know...it seems like everything is going well for me, and it is, but there is this one particular situation that is bothering me. I cannot seem to shake this feeling. It has made me resentful, uneasy and frustrated and I don't like it. At. All.

So in an effort to get my joy back, and re-nurture my spiritual garden, I decided it was time to change my way of thinking. Instead of focusing on the things that are going wrong in my life, I will acknowledge those things that I am grateful for. No matter how small or silly, starting today, I'll post those things I am grateful for on my blog.

There is a quote that I've seen floating around the internet that says something like,
"If you spend time focusing on what you're thankful for, you'll forget about everything else."
I'm sure that's NOT the correct quote, but you know what I'm talking about lol.......
It's time to get the old me back!

*******************************************************************************
Today I am Grateful For:

*** Working the second job this weekend. I get to sleep late and earn some dollars...a winning combination.

***Getting a $25 TARGET gift card from my job. Woohoooo!

***My reliable well functioning Dell laptop, which has become an inanimate bff over the last 3 years.


***The growth of my natural hair and the ability to create cute styles on the spot everyday.






Peace & Blessings,
NaturalistaGlam





1 comment:

  1. Nice! The world would be a better place if we all put more focus on the positive. Love the new blog look as well!

    xoxo

    Reign

    ReplyDelete